HAND IN HAND - FAIR TRADE
100% fair + 100% organic
For Rapunzel fair trade means being fair to people and also being fair to nature. This is why we are not only one of the organic pioneers but also pioneers with products that have been produced fair and organically since the beginning.
How come, you might ask. In the beginning of the 90ies there were only few organic products in the classic fair trade. So we decided to develop a company-internal label that corresponded with our strict requirements - for our partners in countries of the South, for ourselves and for a sound environment.
justice and fairness promote quality
The HAND IN HAND - partners guarantee:
- direct and long-term trade relationships
- purchase guarantees, yearly contracts
- faire product prices including a Hand in Hand - premium
- Support of eco-social projects through the Hand in Hand - premium
- Support and advice of the Hand in Hand - partners
- Cost coverage of the Hand in Hand - inspection and certification
- pre-finance and loans upon request
- Labelling of the products
- 1% of the purchase price of all Hand in Hand - raw materials are going to the Hand in Hand - Fund (administered by Rapunzel and the German Environmental Aid)
- products in organic quality
- compliance with all national regulations regarding environmental laws, workers and social rights
- employee welfare for the workers
- humane, healthy and safe working conditions
- prohibition of child and forced labour
your customer guarantee
The Hand in Hand-label is a label only used by Rapunzel or with explicit approval by Rapunzel. Mono products, meaning products with only one ingredient (e.g. coffee), that carry the Hand in Hand - label are 100% from our Hand in Hand - partner. Mixed products (e.g. chocolate) are labelled Hand in Hand only if more than 50% of the ingredients are from the Hand in Hand - partner. Products with 50% or less ingredients of the Hand in Hand - partner are not labelled Hand in Hand. At the moment almost 100 products do carry the Hand in Hand - label.
Rapunzel is trading with organic products since 1974, therefore the Hand in Hand label is an organic label at the same time.