Mix diced apples with sugar and let sit overnight. Mix raisins, diced apricots and figs in a bowl and let soak in 250 ml apple juice overnight.
The day after, preheat oven to 170 ° C (circulating air). Mix flour, baking powder, cocoa and spices together in a bowl. Add the nuts, 250 ml apple juice, soaked dried fruit and apples and mix carefully.
Pour the mixture into greased loaf pan about ¾ full. Bake for about 1 hour till golden brown.
Tip: Immediately after baking, glaze the baked fruit bread with apple juice on top for extra glossiness.
for 2 large
or 4 small loaf pan
- 400 g apples, peeled, cored and small diced
- 140 g Rapunzel Cristallino raw cane sugar
- 200 g Rapunzel raisins
- 150 g Rapunzel whole sweet apricots, chopped
- 250 g Rapunzel natural figs, chopped
- 500 ml apple juice
- 500 g flour
- 1 package baking powder
- 2 tsp Rapunzel cocoa powder, low fat
- 2 tsp gingerbread seasoning
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Rapunzel bourbon vanilla powder
- 100 g Rapunzel hazelnuts
- 100 g Rapunzel californian almonds