For the yeast dough the day before, sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the milk, the crumbled yeast, the sugar, the eggs, the egg yolks and the salt and knead well. Add the soft butter, the vanilla powder and the lemon rind and knead for a few minutes until the dough is supple and comes off the edge of the bowl. Let the dough rest overnight in the fridge covered.
Knead the dough by hand the next day and divide into 20 portions (a 50g). Form balls from the dough and place them under a flour-soaked kitchen towel and leave to rise in a warm place for another 30 minutes until they have doubled their volume. Heat the coconut fat frying fat in a pot or fryer to 180 degrees. Cover the donuts in the hot fat with the bottom side facing up, bake for about 2 minutes, then turn the donuts and bake for another 2 minutes. Turn again shortly before removing.
Place the donuts on a cake rack covered with kitchen paper and allow to cool. Put the jam in a piping bag with a donut spout. Pierce the donuts on the bright edge and fill with jam. If desired, turn the donuts in the sugar or dust with powdered sugar.
For 20 donuts
- 500 g flour 550
- 140 ml cold milk
- 1 cube Rapunzel fresh yeast (42g)
- 75 g Rapunzel Cristallino cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolk
- ½ tsp Rapunzel sea salt with iodine
- ¼ tsp Rapunzel Bourbon vanilla powder
- 75 g warm butter
- 1 pinch rubbed untreated lemon peel
- 500 mg Rapunzel Coconut fat mild
- 225 g of Zwergenwiese Rosehip Marmalade
or 225 g of Zwergenwiese raspberry
- flour for the work surface
- Rapunzel Cristallino cane sugar for rolling and sprinkling