Preheat oven to 400 ?.
In a bowl, stir together the carrots, garlic, 3 tbs of olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until the carrots are tender and golden brown for about 40 min. Set aside.
Heat 2 tbs of olive oil in a soup pot, add onions and cook until translucent for about 4 min. Stir in celery and ginger and cook for about 4 more min. Add the wine and cook until almost evaporated, for about 2 min.
Remove thyme and rosemary sprigs from the carrots, press garlic out of the shell and transfer with the carrots into the soup pot. Add water, soup broth and lemon juice and bring to boil. Let the soup simmer on medium heat for about 10 more min.
Puree the soup with a blender until creamy, add water if needed.
Serve the soup hot with bread, pine nuts and walnut oil.
for 6-8 servings
- 900 g carrots, cut into big chunks
- 1 tbs Rapunzel Atlantic sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs of thyme or rosemary
- 5 tbs Rapunzel olive oil fruity, extra virgin
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, not peeled
- 3 celery, chopped
- 1 tbs ginger, diced or grated
- 1.25 l water
- 1 tbs Rapunzel soup broth, without yeast
- 2 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 200 ml Rapunzel white wine Pinot Grigio DOC Venezia