all recipes Dessert
Chocolate mousse with bionella and tonka bean
Mix the aquafaba (chickpea water) together with the vinegar and the locust bean gum in a bowl with the blender for at least 5 minutes until it`s stiff. In the meantime, heat the bionella in a water bath until it is liquid. Then add the tonka bean. Set the bionella aside and let it cool down a bit.
In time you can let the red wine and maple syrup with cinnamon stick and star anise thicken over medium heat. When the amount has reduced by half, you can take out the star anise and cinnamon stick and add the walnuts. Simmer until all you have left is a thick syrup. Now take care and stir constantly, otherwise the walnuts will burn quickly. Once the syrup is completely overcooked, place the walnuts on a baking paper and allow to cool.
Now carefully pour the slightly cooled bionella with a wooden spoon under the opened chickpea water. Do not stir too quickly otherwise the cream will collapse. Now spread the mousse into small bowls, let cool down and then garnish with the walnuts.
For the mousse:
- 150 ml Rapunzel chick peas in the tin
- ½ tsp Rapunzel locust bean gum
- 1 tsp Rapunzel white wine vinegar
- 200 g Rapunzel bionella
- 1-2 pinches Rapunzel tonka bean, ground or
- 20 g Rapunzel Bourbon vanilla sugar with Cristallino
- 100 ml Rapunzel Merlot DOC Venezia
- 50 ml Rapunzel maple syrup grade A
- 2 star anis
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50g Rapunzel walnut kernels halves