all recipes Cakes, Cookies, Delicacies
Flourless chocolate cake with coconut blossom sugar
Preheat oven to 175°C. Butter 9-inch round springform with coconut oil and set aside.
Place coconut oil and chocolate couverture into a small heatproof bowl and let melt over a pot of boiling water while stirring. Remove and put aside.
Beat egg yolks in a mixing bowl with half the amount of the coconut blossom sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. Toss in the Chicco Mezzo coffee powder, sea salt and vanilla powder and mix for one minute. Add melted chocolate mixture and mix for an additional minute.
Take another mixing bowl and beat egg whites with a pinch of salt with a mixer on medium speed till frothy. Add the remaining half of the coconut blossom sugar and mix on high speed for about 5 minutes until a caramel macchiato color shows and stiff peak forms. Fold egg white mixture gently into the chocolate mixture in batches. Transfer cake batter into the springform pan and bake for 45 minutes. Let cake cool off.
Optional for serving, place paper stars on cake and sprinkle powdered sugar over (to get selfmade powdered sugar, ground Cristallino cane sugar in a coffee grinder or in an electric mixer for 25 seconds). Remove paper stars. Sprinkle some pomegranate on top of the cake and serve with vanilla ice cream and date syrup sprinkled over on the side.
- Some Rapunzel virgin coconut oil for the baking pan
- 3 tbs Rapunzel virgin coconut oil
- 170 g chopped Rapunzel bittersweet baking chocolate couverture
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 120 g Rapunzel coconut blossom sugar
- 2 tbs Rapunzel Semi-strong instant cereal-bean coffee
- 1 pinch of Rapunzel sea salt, iodized
- ½ tsp Rapunzel vanilla powder Bourbon
- 2 tbs pomegranate
Vanilla ice cream
- 1 ½ tbs Rapunzel date syrup
- 2 tbs selfmade powdered sugar of Rapunzel Cristallino cane sugar
- Cutout paper stars