1 h 15 min
Preheat oven to 200 °C.
Lay beets, carrots and garlic on an oven proof baking pan, drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper over it, and mix together. Bake in oven for about 30 - 40 minutes until tender. Take out and squeeze garlic from skin and disregard skin.
Heat olive oil in a big soup pot and add leek and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add beets, carrots, garlic, water and soup broth and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add lemon juice and puree with a mixer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with half a teaspoon of pesto and add a splash of oat cream.
Toss some almond chips over.
- 4 red beets (about 940 g), peeled and cut into big chunks
- 6 carrots (about 300 g), peeled and cut into big chunks
- 3 garlic cloves (not peeled)
- 5 tbs Rapunzel olive oil fruity, extra virgin
- 2 stalks of leek, sliced into rings
- 1.5 liter water
- 1 tbs Rapunzel soup broth, w/o yeast
- 2 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Rapunzel sea salt, Atlantic 1200135,5pepper to taste