Our Claim: What is Rapunzel quality?
Rapunzel quality includes:
1. Classic food quality parameters
- Healthy, residue-checked, flavorful and visually pleasant products
2. Social criteria
- Fair trade raw materials and products certified by the Rapunzel HAND IN HAND program.
- Improvement of work and living conditions of farmers and trade partners especially in emerging and developing countries.
- Long-standing and reliable supplier relationships.
3. Protection of resources
- Organic cultivation.
- Production and transport with minimal energy expenditure.
- As little packing material as possible, as much as is needed for excellent product quality
4. Controlled organic cultivation
The high Rapunzel standards for healthy foodstuffs often exceed the requirements of the EC Organic Regulation:
- Consistent organic requirements for contract partners.
- Residue checks for pesticides, softeners, heavy metals and additional pollutants.
- Close contact and mentoring of producers and suppliers.
- Proprietary cultivation projects in Turkey and Sri Lanka; our agricultural engineers train local farmers and ensure the high quality of their products.